Stylish Informal Wedding Dresses



I'm getting married in a few months, and even though my family is pressuring me to have a big event, I'm not going to give in. First of all, the whole church thing just isn't my style, so that's out of the question. Second, it doesn't seem right to spend tens of thousands of dollars on one day, especially when the economy is so bad and that money could come in useful in a lot of other ways. Plus, I'm a casual girl at heart and don't want all the pomp and circumstance that most women desire. I'll be perfectly satisfied to have a small ceremony in the backyard with a handful of friends and family present.

Another thing I absolutely do not want to do is spend $2,000 on a bridal gown that I will wear for all of three hours. That's why I've been looking at informal wedding dresses for the past few weeks. Informal wedding dresses aren't as elaborate as you would expect from a formal gown. There's no 10-foot train or elaborate lace work to speak of. Rather, they're quite simple, and might almost pass for a regular summer dress if not for the satin finish and unmistakable white color.

I've already seen several lovely informal wedding dresses that I would love to wear on my big day. Each dress shows off my figure beautifully, and manages to make me look stylish and elegant despite the overall simplicity of the piece. Best of all, these informal wedding dresses are much more affordable than traditional gowns, so I won't feel guilty buying the one I want.

So far, I've just visited a few bridal shops in the area. But I plan to widen my search and look for informal wedding dresses online before I pick one to wear. I know that online boutiques often carry a wider selection of sizes, which means there's a better chance of finding one that fits me right off the rack. If I can avoid having to make alterations or adjustments, that would be great. In addition, online retailers are likely to have lower prices than regular bridal shops, so maybe I'll be able to save even more money than anticipated.

Of course, I'm not the only one who will be going casual that day. The groom will not be in a tuxedo, nor will the groomsmen or bridesmaids wear anything approaching formal attire. Hopefully, everyone will be a lot more comfortable throughout the service and will end up having a better time because of it.

I know laid-back ceremonies and informal wedding dresses aren't for everyone. I don't blame other brides for wanting to mimic those fairy tale weddings, and if they've got the money for it, then more power to them. But for those of us who want to be more sensible about finances, there's nothing wrong with the casual route!

Stylish Informal Wedding Dresses Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Unknown