Nintendo Wii Sports -- Fun for the Whole Family



Back when I was growing up, my parents placed a lot of importance on spending quality time together. So in addition to eating dinner together every evening, we also set aside two nights a week where we stayed in to watch movies or play board games. These nights spent watching videos and playing Monopoly represent some of my fondest childhood memories, and I've been trying to bring that tradition to my own kids.

But it's been tough going, especially since I'm trying to compete with the Internet, iPods, and advanced home video game systems. It's not surprising that board games seem very low-tech and boring in comparison. I decided that maybe I need to bend a little and embrace this technology instead of trying to fight against it, so last Tuesday we had our first Nintendo Wii Sports tournament at the house. It was a blast!

Nintendo Wii Sports is a terrific video game that is suitable for the entire family. The manufacturer recommends that children be at least 7 years old to play, but if your kids are relatively coordinated and are familiar with how the controllers work, they should be ok. My six-year-old does just fine, and is actually able to be very competitive at Nintendo Wii Sports.

If you've never tried Nintendo Wii Sports, you're missing out on a very fun time. The software features five different games (tennis, golf, bowling, boxing, and baseball), and can accommodate up to four players, making it perfect for families. All of the games are extremely easy to learn, meaning you'll all be playing within minutes instead of studying the instruction manual for an hour. Best of all, Nintendo Wii Sports utilizes the motion-sensing capabilities of the controllers, so you actually have to get up and move around a bit in order to play. What a terrific way to burn off some extra calories!

The title has been so popular that a sequel was made. It's called Nintendo Wii Sports Resort and is even better than the original. It comes with new controllers and a wider variety of games to choose from. Early reviews indicate that the new game retains all the elements that made the original so popular, and shows improvements in a bunch of areas. I can't wait to get my copy!

Things sure have changed on the gaming front since I was a kid, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. While I have to admit that I miss the simplicity of a good old-fashioned game of Monopoly or Life, I can't deny that games like Nintendo Wii Sports are a lot more exciting than anything I ever played with my family. The bottom line is that we're spending time together, and that's all I wanted in the first place. Looks like we've started a brand-new tradition here!

Nintendo Wii Sports -- Fun for the Whole Family Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Unknown