Create Your Own Low Carb Diet Plan



I've been on many diets in my lifetime, but none of them ever seemed to have a lasting effect. To be sure, some of them were fads that had little chance of success no matter what I did, but some were sensible plans based on the sound principles of reducing both my daily caloric and fat intake. And while I did see some short-term improvements after watching what I ate, the weight always crept back on. That is, until I finally bit the bullet and went on a low carb diet plan.

I used to practically live on carbohydrates, especially bread, potatoes, and pasta, so I couldn't imagine cutting those types of food out of my life for good. I wasn't about to try anything extreme like Atkins or South Beach, though, because I knew right from the start that I wouldn't be able to eliminate carbs to the extent that those plans require. Still, I thought a low carb diet plan might be the key to finally experiencing the type of weight loss I was after, so I decided to try to put together my own guidelines by borrowing from a variety of diets found on the Internet. I was actually able to come up with something I could live with, and recommend that you try the same thing.

The first step to creating your own low carb diet plan is to read as much as you can about the subject. This includes combing through websites for popular diets, reading books written by credible authors, and even checking blogs written by regular people as they record the ups and downs associated with their efforts. By doing all this reading, you'll be alerted to potential pitfalls that you might not have thought of on your own, and you'll also be able to glean valuable advice and tips from different experts. The experiences and words of wisdom from those who have gone before you will hopefully help you stick to your low carb diet plan once you embark on your journey.

The second step is to create a menu of suitable meals that you'll be comfortable preparing and consuming once you begin your weight loss program. This is crucial, of course, because if you can't control your cravings and kick your self-control into overdrive, then your low carb diet plan will be an utter failure. But creating your own menu is one of the benefits of spending all this time researching diets that restrict carbs. You'll come across literally hundreds of different meal and snack ideas, so it ought to be very easy to cull a month's worth of suggestions. Then, because you already know that you'll be able to tolerate the food, your low carb diet plan will have a much greater chance of succeeding.

Believe me, I know that converting to a low carb diet plan is a scary notion to someone whose life once revolved around sub sandwiches, french fries, and spaghetti. But the sacrifices weren't as bad as I thought, and the results speak for themselves. I look and feel great after three months on a low carb diet plan. You can do it, too!

Create Your Own Low Carb Diet Plan Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Unknown